I just ran into a Joomla 2.5 bug that’s been bugging me. No kidding, I’ve had this problem on several Joomla 2.5 sites. When you try to reorder the items in a menu, nothing happens. If you click the up or down arrow: nothing. If you try to renumber them: nothing. Keep reading if you want the fix.
- In the Joomla Admin menu select Menus > your-menu.
- From the Select Status list, select Trashed.
- If there are any menu items listed in the trash, select them and click Empty Trash.
The next part requires that you use phpMyAdmin to run an SQL command. Make sure you backup your database before you run the SQL command. If you have any doubt about using this command, find someone who can run it for you.
- From the phpMyAdmin menu, click the SQL tab.
- Enter the following command in the SQL field:
UPDATE `database-name`.`jxx_menu` SET `ordering` = '0'
- Replace database-name with your database name.
- Replace jxx with your table prefix; for example, j25_menu
- Click Go. SQL should return a message stating how many rows were updated.
Pages: Page 1 Page 2