Method 2: Use PHP 5.3.14 and Edit php.ini
If you prefer to use PHP 5.3.14, since that’s most likely the PHP version that will be available to you on shared hosting, you have to modify the php.ini file for PHP 5.3.14.
- From the MAMP screen, click on Server > PHP and select PHP 5.3.14 from the PHP Version list.
- Click Apply.
MAMP stops and restarts Apache and MySQL.
- From the MAMP menu, select File > Edit Template > PHP > PHP 5.3.14 php.ini.
MAMP opens the php.ini file for PHP 5.3.14.
- Search for Magic quotes.
You will see any entry for magic_quotes_sybase = Off
- Insert the following lines below magic_quotes_sybase = Off
magic_quotes_gpc = Off
magic_quotes_runtime = Off
magic_quotes_sybase = Off
- From the MAMP menu, select File > Save.
- From the MAMP screen, click Apply to stop and restart Apache and MySQL.
- Now you should be able to proceed with the Joomla 3.0 installation.