After spending an hour trying to figure out how to customize WooCommerce emails, I finally figured it out. It’s very simple if you know where to look, so I’d like to save you an hour.
When I say, Customize WooCommerce Emails, I mean add your logo or an image to the header, change the body background and text color, add footer text, and more. It’s pretty much point and click formatting. But I do not mean changing what content appears or writing php code to create your own templates.
To Customize WooCommerce Emails
Important: In the “From”Address field, under the Email Sender Options section, make sure you use an email address from the same domain as your website. If you use an email address from a different domain, it’s very likely that WooCommerce won’t be able to send out customer emails.
- From the WordPress admin, go to WooCommerce > Settings and click the Email tab.
- Scroll down past all the WooCommerce email types until you see the Email Templates section.
- In this section you can change the following email template design settings: Header Image, Footer Text, Base Colour, Background Colour, Body Background Colour, Body Text Colour.
- To add a header image:
– Go to to the WordPress Media manager and upload the image you want to use. See How to Add an Image to WordPress for instructions on adding images to WordPress.
– Copy the image URL. To copy the url, triple click it or drag-select it.
– Go to WooCommerce > Settings and click the Email tab.
– Scroll down past all the WooCommerce email types until you see the Email Templates section
– Paste the image URL you copied into the Header Image field
- Click Save Changes.
- You can preview the email template by clicking Click here to preview your email template (just below the Email Templates title).