This post explains how to create a page in Genesis framework that lists posts from a specific category and sub categories. The reason you might want to do this is to list only certain category posts on your blog and other category posts on an articles page. Another advantage of using a category-specific page is that you can customize the archive output; for example, you can remove the genesis post meta or post info.
In this tutorial, I will use an Articles category as an example. I need an Articles category because I want my blog posts to show news and press items. But I want my Articles to be more in-depth stories that are listed chronologically with dates and intro paragraphs.
Genesis Category Template Overview
- Create a page template to display posts from a specific category.
- Paste the code example into the template and customize the category number.
- Create a page in WordPress and assign the category-specific template.
- Make sure you have published posts to the category.
- Test the category-specific page.