In the last week, two clients called to say their WPForms contact pages were not sending email notifications when someone submitted the contact form. In both cases, the forms had been working for months and then suddenly stopped sending notifications. It took me two hours to figure out how to fix WPForms Not Sending Notifications.
I hope I can save you some frustrating hours looking for an answer.
Symptoms of WPForms Not Sending Notifications for Form Submissions
- Both sites are on Bluehost, but I’m not sure that is the cause. I have about 20 sites using WPForms Pro and only 2 are having this issue.
- Both sites have WP Mail SMTP installed. WP Mail SMTP is a plugin that can fix email delivery problems by changing the way your emails are sent and properly authenticating them. On both sites, WP Mail SMTP was able to send a test email from the site.
- Both sites are receiving email notifications from WooCommerce. That means that WordPress and the website mail server are able to send out email.
- WPForms was recording the form submission entries.
- No notifications of form submissions were being sent on either site.
Solutions for WPForms Not Sending Notifications for Form Submissions
- I called Bluehost and asked them to look at the mail server logs to see if there were any errors. There were no related email errors.
- I sent in a support ticket to WPForms regarding no notifications. Within a few hours, I received a reply from WPForms with a link to a plugin.
- I installed the plugin and it fixed the problem immediately. Both sites, started receiving email notifications from WPForms form submissions. The plugin disables async email notifications. Async email notifications are on by default in WPForms, but for some reason async email notifications stops working on some sites.
WPForms Disable Async Email Notifications Plugin
To install the plugin
- Copy the code below and save it in a file.
- Compress the file into a .zip file.
- Then install the plugin .zip using the WordPress plugin installer to upload the file.