Ecommerce, or shopping cart web sites, have become a popular shopping alternative for consumers, who buy everything from books to clothing to automobiles to pet toys using the internet and online shopping. What is ecommerce and why do you need it? To put it simply, ecommerce is the buying and selling of goods on the internet. You might think that the arena of ecommerce is only for big businesses, but today many small and medium businesses are very successful at selling their products locally, nationally, and globally.
WriteNowDesign builds affordable ecommerce web sites for small and medium businesses in the Boulder Denver Colorado, or anywhere in the country. We specialize in WordPress shopping cart websites.
In order to start an ecommerce, online business and make it successful, you will need the following:
- A domain name; for example, http://www.mysite.com
- A method for receiving payment from your customers; for example, you can receive payments by accepting credit cards or by using Paypal.
- A method for completing your orders; for example, once you sell a product and accept payment for it, you need to ship it to the customer.
- A method for attracting new and returning customers. See our search engine marketing and website search engine optimization services for details on how to attract potential customers to your site.
- A method of keeping in touch with customers for repeat business. This is often done with a newsletter. Many of the popular shopping cart applications come with a newsletter function.
See our Ecommerce Need Assessment Questions to help you and WriteNowDesign determine the best shopping cart solution for your business.
WriteNowDesign can help you take your business online today. See our hourly rates and prices for basic ecommerce websites!