By default Joomla displays articles on Category/Section Blog or List pages in the order in which you publish them. You can, however, change change the ordering method to one of the following:
- alphabetical ascending or descending, by title
- oldest or newest first
- ordering (the order in which the articles appear in the Article Manager).
NOTE: This procedure also works for configuring the Front Page Manager. ***
To specify the ordering of Section or Category Blogs/Lists pages:
- On the Menus menu, click the menu that contains the Category/Section Blog/List link.
***To configure the Front Page Manager instead of a section or category blog, click in the default or Home page link in the menu manager.
- On the Parameters (Basic)for the article, specify the number of leading articles, intro articles, intro article columns (normally, you’ll have room for only two columns), and article links.
- Click Parameters (Advanced) and specify the primary order in which to display articles on the Category/Section Blog or List page. Default or Order will order the articles in the order they appear on the Articles Managerscreen.Note: Select Order if you want the ability to order the articles using the Articles Managerscreen. If you select order, follow the procedure below for ordering articles.
Advanced Article Parameters Configuration
- Click Save and then view the Section or Category page to verify that the order you specified have been applied.Pages: Page 1 Page 2