Important – DO NOT paste content directly from MS Word into an article. MS Word adds a LOT of formatting that will cause your article to look different from the rest of the content on your site. If you need to paste text from Word, see To add text from MS Word to a Joomla article.
Also, remember that with html, you will not be able to use complex column or image layouts like you can easily do with MS Word. Instead, try to make your articles simple Headings, paragraphs, bulleted or numbered list, and images.
- On the Content menu, click Article Manager.
Article Manager Screen
- On the Article Manager screen, click the article you want to edit.
Joomla displays article editing screen.
Article ScreenNote – If you are used to Joomla 1.0.x, you will notice that Joomla 1.5 uses only one text box for articles. In Figure 28 there is a dotted red line below the first paragraph. This is the Read More indicator.
- If you want to create introduction text, or teaser text (introduction text is displayed on the front page or in blog sections or categories), place your cursor in the article text where you want the introduction text to end and click the Read More (located at the bottom of the Article screen.Note – The introduction text is a small blurb that is used to explain the article. For example, if you select the option to display an article on your home page, you will see the introduction text on the home page with a link that says Read More….
- Click Apply.
Apply saves your changes but keeps the article open. Clicking Save saves your changes and closed the article.
- View the article on the live web site to see if it looks ok.
- If you are satisfied with the article, click Save to save your changes and close the article.
When you open an article, it is checked out and no other users can edit it until you click Save. When you click Apply, the article is saved but is still checked out. If you close the article without clicking Save it is still checked out to you. To check the article back in, open it and then click Save or use the Global Checkin procedure. For details on Global Checkin, see To check in all Joomla articles