There are a many new features in Joomla 1.7 that are easy to overlook. For example, you can now assign a custom CSS class to any menu link. Why is this important? There are times when you want to create unique css styling for a specific menu link. In previous versions of Joomla, there was no way to assign a custom CSS class to an individual menu link. Now, with 1.7, you can.
To assign a custom CSS class to a Joomla menu link
- From the Joomla Admin menu, select Menus > Main Menu (or whatever menu you want to edit).
- Click the menu link to which you want to assign a custom CSS class.
- From the menu options on the right side of the page, click Link Type Options.
- In the Link CSS Stylefield, enter a CSS class nameIMPORTANT: Use only alpha numerical characters, hyphens, and underscores, but no spaces.
- Click Save & Closeto save your changes.Joomla adds the custom class to the menu link.
Now you can use a CSS class to create custom formatting for the link you modified.
For example, create a CSS class in your css stylesheet; make sure to use the exact same class name you used in the link: