With version 1.6, Joomla added a great new feature. It’s called Save as Copy. Save as Copy allows you to open an article, menu item, or module and then save it as a copy. This is a great time saving feature when you are creating a new website. You can quickly create all your pages and then quickly link them to the menu. Once you create all the pages and links, you can go back and edit the individual articles.
Use Joomla’s Save as Copy Feature to Quickly Create Articles
- From the Joomla Admin screen, select Content > Article Manager.
- From the Article Manager screen, click the article you want to copy or click New. For this example, I’ll click new because I’ll quickly be create articles with some Latin text.
- Enter a unique Title for the article.
- Go to http://www.lipsum.com/ and create and copy some Latin text.
- Paste the Latin text into the new article.
- Click Save.
Joomla saves your article and adds a Save as Copy button to the menu.
- Click Save as Copy
- Enter a unique title for the article.
- Delete the text in the Alias field; the alias will be created from the Title automatically when you click Save
- Verify that Category is correct.
- Click Save
- Repeat steps 7-11 until you have created all the pages on your site.
Pages: Page 1 Page 2