Joomla websites run pretty fast on shared hosting, but sometimes they seem bogged down. You can easily speed up your Joomla website by turning on caching.
How to Speed Up Joomla with Caching
- From the Joomla Admin, select Site > Global Configuration.
- Click the System tab.
- Under Cache Settings > Cache, select Yes.
- In the Cache Time field, enter a cache time. Unless you change your site very frequently, 60 minutes is good. If you change your site very infrequently, for example, less than once a week, enter 10080, which is 7 days.Note: The Cache Time is how long Joomla will hang on to cached files before deleting them. For example, if you set your Cache Time to 60, Joomla will delete the cache file 60 minutes after it created the file.
- In Cache Handler, select File.
- Click Save.Pages: Page 1 Page 2