Akeeba Backup, backup software for Joomla, provides a one-click backup for your Joomla Website. Akeeba backs up all your Joomla files and Joomla database.
This tutorial explains how to backup your Joomla website with Akeeba Backup, and how to download your backup files. Because your backup files can take up LOT of space on your web server, this tutorial also explains how to delete old backup files.
To backup Joomla with Akeeba Backup
Note: In order to perform this procedure, you must have Akeeba Backup installed.
- From the Joomla Admin menu, select Components > Akeeba Backup.
Joomla displays the Akeeba Backup control Panel.
- From the Akeeba Backup control panel, click Backup Now.Akeeba displays the Backup Now screen.
- Click Backup Now!
Akeeba displays the Backup Progress screen. DO NOT close this screen until the backup finishes.
- Once the backup is finished, you can download the backup file.
To download the Akeeba Backup file
- From the Akeeba Backup control panel, click Administer Backup Files.
Akeeba displays the Administer Backup Filesscreen.
- To download a backup file, click the checkbox to the left of the backup filename and then click Download.
Akeeba displays a warning about downloading.
- Click OK.
Joomla displays the file Save Asbox.Note: You can use an FTP tool to download the backup files. The files are located in the following path:
- Select a location to save the file and click Save.
To delete the backup file
- Click the checkbox to the left of the backup filename and then click Delete Files.
Akeeba deletes the backup file.Note: The backup file will still be listed, but it will have a Status of Obsolete.
- To remove the backup file name from the list, click the checkbox to the left of the backup filename and click Delete.