Search Engine Optimization is very important, and Joomla 1.5 makes it very easy to add a keyword rich title, description, and keywords to each Joomla article.
- From the Joomla Administration screen, select Content > Article Manager.
Joomla displays the Article Manager screen.
- Click on the article you want to optimize.
Joomla displays the Article: Edit screen.
- In the Titlefield, enter a title that describes exactly what the article is about and make sure it contains keywords.Add a Keyword Rich Title in the Joomla Article Title Field
Place keywords at the beginning of the title rather than at the end. Also note that Google will only display about 60-70 characters in the Google Search Results screen, but the title can be a long as you like. Just make sure to keep the important words within the 60 character limit.
- On the right side of the editor screen, click on Metadata Information.
Joomla displays the Metadata fields.Note: The Metadata information does not display on the page, but Google reads it and uses it on the search results pages.
Joomla Metadata Information
- In the Descriptionfield, enter a keyword rich description of the article.The description, like the title, should contain keywords, and it should provide a brief description of the article, about 155 characters in length, or 25-30 words. Remember to keep the most important keywords at the beginning of the description.
- In the Keywords field, enter a list of keywords and keyword phrases separate by a comma; for example:
Joomla SEO, Joomla Article SEO, Search Engine Optimization, Joomla metadata
- Click Save to publish your changes.
- Repeat this procedure for each article on your Joomla website.