This article explains how to change the Joomla Read More link. There are three ways to change this:
- Method 1: This method is local; in other words, it will change the read more in a specific article. This method will override the global method.
- Method 2: This method is Global and will change the way all Read More links are displayed.
- Method 3: Change the Read More Link in the Beez template. This method requires a change to the template html files.
Method 1: Local Change to the Joomla Read More Link
Using the Local Change method, you can change the read more text on individual articles. The change you make applies only to the article in which you applied it.
- From an open Joomla article, click Parameters (Advanced).
- Enter an alternative Read More text in the Alternative Read more: text field.
- Click Apply.
- View the page in your browser to verify that your changes were applied.
- Save and close the article.