Method 2: How to Globally Change the Joomla Read More Link
This method shows how to change the Read More link globally.
- From your Joomla root directory open the following file with a text editor:
<Joomla Directory>/language/en_GB/en-GB.com_content.iniNote: The file in the example above is the English language file. If the language you are changing is a different language, then you will need to edit that file. For example, if the language were French, the path would be /language/fr_FR/fr_FR.com_content.ini
- Search the file for “read more”. You are looking for this line: READ MORE=Read more: %s
- Change the text after the equal (=) sign. For example: READ MORE=More info…
- Save the en_GB.com_content.ini file and upload it to your server.
- View a page where the read more links are used and verify that your changes were applied.