It’s easy to add a YouTube video to your Joomla pages.
Note: If you have All Video Reloaded installed, see How to Add Video with All Videos Reloaded.
- From YouTube, find the video you want to insert and click on it to start the video.
- Once the video starts, click <Embed>.From the Embed screen, you can customize the video. You can specify size and color. In addition, you can choose to include related videos.
- Once you customize the Embedcode, copy the embed code.
- Open the article into which you want to insert a YouTube video. You must insert the code directly into the html. If you are using JCE Content Editor, Click [show/hide]in top left corner of editor screen. If you are using the standard Joomla content editor, click the button to insert HTML code.
Joomla with JCE Content Editor in code view
- Paste the Embed code where you want the video to appear.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
- Open a new browser tab and open the page in which you added the video.
- Play the video to make sure it plays.
- If the video is too wide for the page or you want to make adjustments to it, you can return to the YouTube Embed page to adjust the code.
- Once you are satisfied, in the Joomla article, click the Save button to save and close the article.