Many of our website clients want the ability to easily add, edit, update, and delete text, images, and pages on their website. A Joomla website design provides a way for these clients to easily achieve these goals.
Joomla is a website content management system (CMS), a computer system used to manage and control large or small websites. For example, using Joomla, you can easily add, delete, and edit your website pages using any browser. In addition, it’s easy to add images or videos to your pages!
The beauty of Joomla is that you don’t need to be an HTML expert to control YOUR WEBSITE.
Key Features of the Joomla Website
A Joomla website design provides the following key features:
- Joomla is FREE
- That’s right. Joomla is free, Opensource software. You can download and use it for free. All software updates are free, too.
- Automated templates
- Joomla uses custom templates and styles that are applied automatically. As a result, you get a website that is consistently styled and that looks professional.
- Easily editable content
- You can easily edit the content on your web pages without altering the overall look of your website. In other words, you don’t need to worry about breaking your website when you edit pages. The Joomla templates control the overall look and design of your website. Furthermore, Joomla includes a WYSIWYG editor. A WYSIWYG is like a word processor; it allows you to easily create or edit the content on your website.
- Numerous Add-Ons and PlugIns to Add MORE Features
- Joomla has thousands of plugins (many of them FREE) that can be easily installed to extend your site’s functionality. For example, you can add newsletters, event calendars, ecommerce shopping carts, photo galleries, and more.
- Joomla has a VERY active development and user community. As a result, it gets tested extensively and updated regularly with new features and bug and security fixes.
- Workflow management
- Joomla has the ability to control the content publishing process. For example, a content creator can submit a story, but Joomla can prevent the publishing of the story until an editor cleans it up and approves the story.
- Document management
- Joomla provides an easy way to managing the life cycle of a document, from initial creation time, through revisions, publication, and document archiving.
- Shopping Cart / Ecommerce
- Joomla also has the ability to incorporate a shopping cart / ecommerce system so you can sell products and services on your website. In addition, Joomla has several plugins that allow you to sell time-based subscriptions to your content.
WriteNowDesign can provide Joomla Website Design Services to help you create a new website or migrate your existing website to Joomla. WriteNowDesign can also help you update or maintain your existing Joomla website.